Thursday 12 May 2011

Something Borrowed





Last night my friends and I went to see this, due to the holy  Orange Wednesdays.  Are lives are so consumed with the build up of Orange Wednesdays that we are too exhausted to do go out on Saturday. Basically we need a life.. But for now we have a cheap night out a week.

I'd seen the trailer and knew roughly what the storyline would be. The main male lead annoyed me more than usual he didn't say a lot. I'm sure if you counted his lines they would amount to less than 10. It was if he was letting his looks speak for him. I couldn't decide whether he was staying with Hudson's character just to be close to her best friend or was too lazy to go and find true love for himself.

Goodwin's character is spineless and is airy fairy in her ways that it made me cringe sometimes. She's obviously intelligent with her law degree so why put up with both her best friend and her crush's behavior? I can't understand why she put up with Darcy  for so long. The only time they have a friend bonding moment is during and after a 'salt and pepper' dance routine.

The best character in it all is Rachel's best friend Ethan, he seems to be the only who is wise to Darcy's ways and is willing to give frank and honest advice to Rachel even though its advice she doesn't want to here. His scenes are funny and quick and I was hoping for Rachel to fall for him. But sadly it wasn't meant to be.

The whole thing is like a movie soap opera; the wimpy girl, the domineering best friend and the handsome but stupid boyfriend. It's ok, if you your on the sofa in your pjays and are nursing a hangover but I wouldn't pay the £12 for the DVDs 

Rateing: 2 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment