Sunday 1 May 2011

Champagne taste lemonade income

Yesterday, on our way back from a wedding, my mum and I talked about life after university. I must have rambled along about having a nice house, some 1920's inspired hats, frequent stays in posh hotels and good book collection. It didn't take me long to realize that my dreams and ambitions are all about material gain and have nothing to do with family or getting married. I think this is to do with the fact that I get bored of things very easily. When I had my little godson it was all arrrr he so cute for about an hour and then I got really bored of playing his mud pie games and just wanted to watch TV. So I think I'd be a really naff mum as the novelty would wear off a few hours after birth.

And as for marriage.........well its not that I'm against the idea. Don't get me wrong wearing a ball gown and eating cake all day sounds great. But the thought of committing myself to someone for the rest of my life and never having a moment alone *shudders*. I don't think its for me. There have been lots of divorces in my family so I've seen first hand the hurt and angst that comes with it. It just doesn't seem worth it. So not for me thanks, maybe I'll change my mind but I doubt it.

So for now let me plan my comfortable middle class life, let my friends and family have the babies (I'll baby sit every now and again!) and if I get a lonely I'll get a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment