Wednesday 30 March 2011

R.I.P Diana Wynn Jones

I was completely thrown by this news, I didn't even though she was ill. I thought DW would be around for ages and would write loaddddds more books. But looks like it wasn't meant to be :(.  I found out on twitter can you beleive? and she had only died this morning, thats how amazing twitter is.  I can't see it being broad casted on the news so otherwise I might not have known .  Reading 'Howl's moving castle' was what first got me into anime. It's one of my favorite books and favorite studio ghibli movies even though they take different directions there really great. Howl is such a great character he is a coward and knows it but never leaves his friends in danger, he can't be pinned down and is hopeless vain. But after all that he is a great guy.


Saying this I found some of DW other books a bit hit and miss. I read one book I can't even remember what it was called but it was so weird I got to the end and was still baffled to what the story was about. Then there were other books that were just 'meh, okayish' these were: 'A tale of time city', 'Dogsbody' and 'Eight days of Luke'. I'm sure there are more. Maybe she was just having a bad day, or maybe I was to old to enjoy these ones. *shruggs.

But others she  hit the nail on the head! Like the chrestmanci series which is epic and funny in its self. So I guess what I'm trying to say is when she wrote well she wrote really well and when she didn't she really didn't. (Apologizes I can't think of anything more literally fluent to express what I mean). I'm very sorry that she is gone from the world but hope now that she is at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment