Monday 21 March 2011

Excuse me, my leg has fallen asleep. Do you mind if I join it?


Work reached new levels of boredom. I had to count knitting patterns as we are stock taking today. Do you realize how many knitting patterns we have?? Thousands! After the first few I start to make stories up about the people modeling the knit wear. This couple are farmers looking for a lost duck ( White jumper flecked in grey with plait patterns on), these girls are sunbathing in the Antarctic ( knitted bikini (even I double take at that one), two women discovering they were lesbians (two boring grey cardigans( they had princess Diana haircuts and were looking at each other with simmering fire in the background), and it goes on. The one thing that worries me is that people actually wear these things!! There are people out there right now walking around in these eye saws, they probably cause traffic accidents. So in effect I would be doing a lot of people favors by burning them.

Only interesting thing was that one of the models looked like one of my friend's sisters and was using various facial expressions to try and make the knit wear look more acceptable and exciting than it really was. Needless to say she failed but it gave me a giggle. I wonder if the photographer ever shouts out, 'make it look sexy!'. How do you make knit wear look sexy?? I think in my mind knitted jumpers will always be for grannys, farmers and fishermen, and none of them are sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment