Saturday 12 February 2011

London's calling






So beside the rant about disappointing books I've been pretty busy travelling up and down the country and sailing to Holland to the land of clogs and dope.

Lets start with London, hotel lovely greeted by eager to please Swiss concierge felt a bit uncomfortable by the fact that my eye was watering due to the fact I had just recently just hit myself in the eye with my own belt. Unsure whether to tip or not only had a tenner on me and felt that was a bit much, he probably thinks we are now stuck up oh well.

The Langham was lovely, felt like royalty when we pulled up and a doorman helped me out of the taxi XD One day I will stay at this hotel it was wonderful. A pianist played Pocohontus's colours in the wind' as we ate it under a chandelier. I will never forget it as long as I live

The ballet was a bit of let down due to the fact we felt a bit sickly due to the champagne we gulped down at the Langham, are seats werent that great we were leaning over the bar a lot to see. Giselle just could not compare to the Nutcracker but I guess it was ok for £10. Some of the expressions the ballerinas pulled reminded me of some of the expressions seen in anime which amused me.

The light that Camden once had for me seemed duller this time, maybe it was the fact I didnt have much money but it seemed a little bit less exciting than last time I visited. I don't think it helped that I had a sore nose  from blowing it all day either.

Phantom of the Opera was heart stopping.


Overall it was good trip but I wish I had been feeling better then some of my pictures would have been a bit better as most of them have me looking stiff and fed up. Arrrgh I hate colds!

Talk about Holland another day. Currenty listening to TS - fifteen. There are also  6 mugs and one glass in my room just thought you ought to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment