Wednesday 12 January 2011

Baby the stars shine so bright

Eventually got around to changing my blog around a bit, not that I have a good excuse or anything its just down to laziness again. Do you like the changes? I do. The title comes from a new Taylor Swift song I heard recently which I love and couldn't agree with more.  You cant turn on the news without seeing someone bitch about  someone else over their choices in their life. Just let it go!  These kind of people wind me so bad that I end up doing the opposite of what I want to do just to please them.

 I care to much about what people think. I'm obsessed with being left out that sometimes I don't stand up for myself. Sometimes I think I just lay down just to make it easier for them. It sounds really stupid doesn't?   Let me try and explain if for instance I had an invitation to go to a party with a friend and I found out she did something really mean to me the week before. I'd probably forgive them really quickly just so I didn't have to go to the party on my own. That is how pathetic I can be. The thought of being on my own in a big social gathering terrifies me. Eating alone at school, having no one to sit next to in class prevented me from staying mad at anyone for long. I'm getting better at being alone that much uni gave me last year. But I still hate confrontation  I will always avoid it  all costs, maybe I need to be a bit more aggressive and grab the bull by the horns.....next time I'll have a try but will avoid wearing red.


I changed my background as well. I love stars there so ....... I don't think I can put into words what I think of them but I'm always slightly comforted by them. No matter what happens they will always be there (ok I grant you they may fade when they've burnt all their gas up, but that's not going to happen in my life time).

No matter how rich or poor I get the stars they will always be there. You probably think I'm getting a bit sentimentally but I think its quite a sobering thought, I could be so poor that I would have to sell the shoes on my feet but there would still be the stars in the sky. As well as my immortal soul these things would be the only thing that truly belonged to me.

A friend of mine once told me that a friend of hers who used to live in China couldn't see the stars where she used to live because of the smog. This is one of the saddest things I have heard in my whole life, seeing the stars is basic human right and it breaks my heart that some people have never seen one.  If one day smog descends on the whole world then that will be the day I pack my bags and hitch hike to space I don't think I could live in a world where you can't wish on a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment